Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Twisted Croissant

Go get one!

You have to wait until Saturday, because they are currently only a market presence.  But you need one.  The end.

On a related note, I caved to CrossFit yesterday.  And, if you know me and my loved ones, that is the start of a marriage comment.  I'm married to CF, sorta.  That is, I'm married to a man committed to CF and (or because) it has changed his life (in a good, not a rhabdo, sort of way).  It started in 2006ish.  So, I predate by 10 years -- sometimes that's an encouragement to me.  Like, I'll always outlive CF?

Back on track.  So.  I've been a part of that whole journey from the sidelines, occasionally taking a dip in the pool -- even during the last pregnancy, but I had to give it up about month 6.  I don't enjoy it.  It's too hard.  I don't like to work, to sweat, or to hurt that much.  Plus, I feel lame about being so weak, even though my brain understands that if I want to be strong I shouldn't quit.  And can I say that I don't want to go there?  Really, running and lifting some suits me just fine -- "floats my boat" as they say.

But.

It has assumed greater proportions than a preference issue.  It's now an obstacle in my relationships.  MMJ (That would be my cute and clever moniker for the hubs: "My Man, John"-- think Godfrey and understand, or just move on), he not only subscribes, he has signed up the kids.  At one point in history, he signed me up, but I got pregnant and fell off.  I find that I am the only one who is able to choose to be off the list and this is now causing problems. 

Are you following?  I can choose to stay off the list.  I can choose to pursue fitness my way.  BUT (this is SO big!)...but if I do then I am sacrificing a potential good.  My Dad found Ben Franklin's advice worth passing on to his kids, so here's my pros and cons breakdown:
PROs:  amped fitness, being one of the team, greater platform to relate with everyone, avoiding ill will in kids who are "forced" to workout, embracing my husband's leadership
CONs:  greater personal discomfort, time commitment

The outcome is obvious, given that I have a brain capable of choosing the best, here.  My last PRO is the biggie.  I know it isn't the only way to fitness, but it's his way.  Flipping the tables, if I felt so strongly about something and he refused because he just didn't want to, that might be a big deal to me.  At the least, I know that if he did something he didn't want to for me, there would be some very real and good trickle-down.  So, this then is my choice.  I join the CF group.  AND stop complaining and feeling it a burden.  AND, AND no longer feel the need to share with others that I don't like it or don't want to, but am sacrificing myself for the greater good (insert wry smiley face emoji).

TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment